C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZAINO First application--------WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 06:32 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ZAINO First application--------WOW!

OK, Just thought I would give you non-believer's an update. I purchased the the #5 and #2 Zaino polishes.

My car does not need to be clay barred, so knowing this I started with the #5.

I applied this polish after washing the car using hot water and Dawn dishsoap. Then, after drying completly with cloth's, I let it air dry for 4 hours in the garage with a nice air flow, by way of having the the garage door open about 2 inches and the back door to the garage opened just a crack to allow a nice constant breeze.

I tried to apply it as evenly and thinly as humanly possible. I let it setup and dry for 2 hours, as it is very humid here today on the eastcoast.

Well, I am very impressed after just one coat of the #5. I can't wait to see the the results after I apply the #2, or continue to build up the #5 and then go to the #2 for the final coat.

For those of you here that have not tried this product, and depending on the condition of your paint-----------TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT.

Yea, it costs a couple dollars more than the off- the- shelf items, you can purchase locally, but, you can see the difference.

One very happy guy,----------- try it, if you do not like it, e-mail me and I will purchase your left overs. :D :D :D :D :D :cheers:
Old 08-01-2003, 06:51 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (GREGG-73)

Hey, welcome to the club. I'm also a Zaino posterchild too. <insert Karate Kid wax on, wax off smiley>
Old 08-01-2003, 07:22 PM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (tshort)

Uh....gregg..is that it, just a testamonial? Come on bro..show the before and after pics..that is the real sellin point, you know that!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:08 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (81' Corvette Guy)

I have tried in the past to post pic's, maybe I am just not that computer savy?

Regardless of my lacking in skills with posting pic's, I encourage you to try this product. I am satisfied with the monies I have spent. :cheers:
Old 08-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

As you know Gregg, Ive seen your car in person and it looked damn sweet to begin with. Yur paint is really nice. If yur so impressed with Zaino, i cant imagine how nice it must look now. :thumbs: what would that stuff do for my weatherd worn out paint? Would it be worth it on a rag like mine?
Old 08-02-2003, 01:58 AM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have any pics you'd like to post, email them to me and I'll post them for you. If you want me to, private message me and I'll send you my current email address.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:04 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love it to say you'll buy the leftovers if they don't like it.
I haven't heard anyone thats used the stuff say anything bad about it.
Might not be wise to use it on a sketchy paint job though as it will enhance the bad as well as the good from what i have heard.
By the way Gregg.
What color is your car?
That shade of blue looks great in your pic
Old 08-02-2003, 08:40 AM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (Simon Alexander)

Simon, this is an :cool: picture. Is that Zaino?
Old 08-02-2003, 10:27 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (Jvette73)

Jvette73, thanks, it really does look better now after the Zaino, then when you last saw it. As for your car, it being a darker color, and if my memory serves me correctly, your paint was not in that bad of condition. However, if I were you, you may want to start out with the Zaino clay bar and work your way up from there. You will see a dramatic difference if you follow their instructions. Let me know if you take the plunge and purchase this product.

Just one last note, your car will never ever look like my car. But, your car is green as mine is blue. :lol: :cheers:
Old 08-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

I have no doubt as to how good the car looks after using Zaino, my only question is how well does it seal and protect the paint. My dad's been using Zaino on his DBGM '01 and it looks great, but he's getting more paint chips and spots than I'd expect for a car waxed with $150 worth of product. Conversly, I have a friend with a Dark Maroon '00 that uses Meguiars Mirror Glaze (I think it's called that) on his car, and he drives the hell out of it and his paint is like brand new.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:57 PM
69 LT1
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (Steve Straus)

Time for me to try ZAIN http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
Old 08-02-2003, 02:49 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (69 LT1)

THANK YOU. :D :D :D :D :D :D :cheers:
Old 08-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

That test was still centered around the luster and feel of the wax, not how well it protects. I dont' doubt Zaino makes the car look good, but does it protect the paint.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:29 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (Steve Straus)

Steve, go to their web site and read.

I can not speak personally on this subject for I am a new user. Time will tell.

I have just applied the second coat of the #5. Well, it just keeps getting better. I now am going for the #2, as all of my micro scratches have been concealed. If this car can look any better now, post the #2 application, I will simply quit my job with GM, and beg to be a distributor for the ZAINO BRO'S. :crazy: :D :cheers: :smash: :p: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 08-02-2003, 06:32 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Gregg I'm sure your car looks great but let me suggest another product that I'm now using, Pinnacle Paste Glaz http://www.pinnaclewax.com/ . I didn't have to strip my cars finish with Dawn or apply multi coats of different products, Z this and Z that (waiting for some to dry). One coat of Pinnacle and it goes on like butter and off the same way with no residue. I'll compare my car's shine and more importantly depth of shine & color to any Zaino'd car. I know Zaino does a great job and this is not meant to flame anyone or product only to offer up an alternative to the Zaino craze. :chevy

BTW Pinnacle is a supporting vendor and is offering a 10% discount to forum members. Also for the month of August with every purchase they will be giving away a free 16oz bottle of the new Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax( forum members only- make sure to use your coupon-corvetteforum).

[Modified by gq82, 8:13 PM 8/2/2003]
Old 08-02-2003, 10:29 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Default Re: ZAINO First application--------WOW! (gq82)

check out the car care section....some use Zaino, others prefer Pinnacle. there are so many arguments as to which is better, however; in my opinion, either is going to give a good shine, its just which one is going to be the easiest to maintain. yes, zaino has many steps to achieve the ultimate shine, where as pinnacle is one step process. from what i've noticed, Zaino looks good on red, yellow, other light colors, while Pinnacle is awesome on Black and other dark colors.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:45 AM
crazcorkath
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have used many products, and was disappointed with the Zaino after spending almost $100 on it. Prefer other things that are not as costly that do just as nice a job with less work

Get notified of new replies

To ZAINO First application--------WOW!

Quick Reply: ZAINO First application--------WOW!