C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 02:27 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project

I got home yesterday and seen that brown had dropped off some presents from his big brown sleigh. I ordered my stuff from TLD and it looks great. I got the shift plate console, e-break cover, center gauge bezel, side console covers, new shift boot, complete carpet set and complete rear door assembly. The rear door assembly and side console covers did not arrive yet but they will be here today hopefully. The carpet looks great, it was made by Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) and TLD has some of the best prices I have seen for it.

Fore some reason yesterday I thought it was Friday. So I started working on the car like I had all night to do it. Well at about 1am this morning my GF comes in telling me I need to get to bed so I could get to work in the morning. :banghead: So here I am today with very little sleep and a slight hang-over. The good news is I got a big jump start for this weekend and I should be able to get a lot done.

Here some before pics:

I pulled the seats and found a bounty of treasures. I found a sure sign that bubba was there, he left 2 nascar cig. lighters (Mark Martin and Dale Earnhardt :blueangel: ) a ton of cig butts and $4.62 in change... SCORE!

I started pulling carpet out and it was a mess. Look at this quality tape job that Bubba did to restore the holes in the carpet. He went all out and bought the matching black duct tape instead of just buying the plain gray tape. This Bubba has class. :rolleyes:

Here is what the old insulation looked like under the carpet:

And then without the insulation and after a little scraping to get the stuff that was stuck to the floor:

Then after doing the pass. side I started removing the rear compartments and carpet. It was in pretty bad shape back there. The doors came off in pieces looked terrible. You cant also tell that the interior was once brown and was dyed black. I am having to replace allot of the trim pieces because the black is peeling off and brown is showing underneath.

Here are some front and back pics with all the carpet pulled:

And the final one with the center console removed:

Tonight I will start putting down the reflectix padding and the hopefully the new carpet if I get that far. While removing things I keep finding new things that need to be replaced or re-dyed so I will probably be placing another order for more parts today. :cool:

*Note to self: Have parts shipped to work so the GF doesn't find out. ;)

If you want to see some close-up pics of certain things let me know and I will shoot them when I get home today. I will post some more pics as I go along and hopefully I will have a nice interior when I am done.

:cheers:
Old 08-01-2003, 02:52 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (77Dream)

I like the last pic....your passenger looks familiar!!! :lol:
:chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 08-01-2003, 02:58 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (AGVI)

I like the last pic....your passenger looks familiar!!! :lol:
... makes the job easier. :D
Old 08-01-2003, 05:05 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Looks like fun, I'll be there soon. How long did it take you to gut the interior?
Old 08-01-2003, 05:08 PM
WOEII
Team Owner

Location: [QUOTE=onedef92]Remember when that spookable closed the door on that mofo and trapped him inside tha
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Couple of them butts got chickies lipstick on them. :eek: Bubba had a Bubbette. :rofl:

can't wait to see the final product. :cheers:
Old 08-01-2003, 05:31 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (WOEII)

Looks like you are having some fun. I stripped my complete interior out, including dash, this past winter and still have some odds and ends to complete. You have selected the correct refreshments for the job. :cheers:
Old 08-01-2003, 06:02 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (74-Roadster)

Looks like fun, I'll be there soon. How long did it take you to gut the interior?
Its pretty quick to get it out, but I was really cleaning the floor the best I could with a scraper an that took awhile. I know it doesn't look very clean but its allot better than it was. But you could do it in a couple hours without rushing. The part that will take time is getting the new interior in.

Old 08-01-2003, 06:03 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (74 vert)

Great pics, thanks for posting. Whenever I see work being done, it gets me motivated to work on mine.

Old 08-01-2003, 06:08 PM
80Xflags
Pro

Tonight I will start putting down the reflectix padding and the hopefully the new carpet if I get that far.
I just finished my reflectix install last night :thumbs: . It looked great when I got it all in!! When I started putting the carpet back in, I was a little :skep: because the insulation was so thick, but it turned out just fine when I got everything together. Looks just like it did before the insulation. :cool:

Matt
Old 08-01-2003, 06:12 PM
SicChild
Racer

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (BigBadOrange)

How about some links & prices? I want to redo my enterior but I don't know the best place to buy the stuff and how much it'll cost me in total. Any ideas would help.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:16 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (80Xflags)

I just finished my reflectix install last night :thumbs: . It looked great when I got it all in!! When I started putting the carpet back in, I was a little :skep: because the insulation was so thick, but it turned out just fine when I got everything together. Looks just like it did before the insulation. :cool:

Matt
Good, I was kinda wondering if it was going to be too thick or not. Makes me feel better knowing it will come out OK.

Old 08-01-2003, 06:21 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (SicChild)

How about some links & prices? I want to redo my enterior but I don't know the best place to buy the stuff and how much it'll cost me in total. Any ideas would help.
I got mine from http://www.tld-corvette.com They have great prices and great service. I highly recommend them. :thumbs:
Old 08-01-2003, 08:18 PM
drnerve
Instructor

My car is literally brand new outside, and 1979 disco done-up inside. I'm waiting until this winter to redo the interior. I see from your sig, this is your winter! Keep us up dated on your progress, I like doing this a few times vicariously before I do it myself. The biggest difference I can see right now is my choice will be I C Light. LOL Pat :cheers:
Old 08-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Sun King
Pro

Default Re: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project (drnerve)

I think it looks GREAT! Keep going :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project

Quick Reply: [Lots of pics, not dial-up friendly] Interior Project