C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of questions about my 68

Old 07-30-2003, 01:20 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A couple of questions about my 68

Are the "gills" behind the front tires supposed to chrome? It seems that some I have scene are chome and others look like brushed aluminum.

The transmission in my 68 is definately not original. It actually shifts awesome and tight, but reverse is to the left and down instead of to the left and up. Any ideas what it might be?
Old 07-30-2003, 01:38 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: A couple of questions about my 68 (BigBadOrange)

Are the "gills" behind the front tires supposed to chrome? It seems that some I have scene are chome and others look like brushed aluminum.

The transmission in my 68 is definately not original. It actually shifts awesome and tight, but reverse is to the left and down instead of to the left and up. Any ideas what it might be?
the inserts in the gills (chrome or stainless??) were a factory option available in 69 only. Many 68 owners like the look and have added them on over the years. No idea on the trans! :) MJ
Old 07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: A couple of questions about my 68 (MNJack)

the inserts in the gills (chrome or stainless??) were a factory option available in 69 only. Many 68 owners like the look and have added them on over the years. No idea on the trans! :) MJ
:yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To A couple of questions about my 68

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A couple of questions about my 68