C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06

Default Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday.

Wow what a neat car. The way it shakes and rattles. The stiff clutch and loose steering. The way the chrome shifter burns your hand when you shift. After driving my zee all day. Its fun to drive something like this thats raw and hard edged. The only other shark I have driven previously was a highly modded 70 LT1. One of these day I hope to have a metal bumper shark. :cool: :thumbs:
Old 07-30-2003, 11:35 AM
1house3kids0vette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday. (Zee Freak)

There is defenitely something to be said for the feeling of classic construction and power like the BB C3's can deliver. It may not be smooth and clean but there is nothing like it. :auto:
Old 07-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha! Yeah, I know what ya mean.

Brett :thumbs:
Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

They are defintely a fun car to drive. Not quite the luxery of a modern sports car but then again I guess you trade that for the classic lines and reputation of oneof the baddest muscle cars ever! :thumbs:
Old 07-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday. (canada74)

There is defenitely something to be said for the feeling of classic construction and power like the BB C3's can deliver. It may not be smooth and clean but there is nothing like it. :auto:
Classic Construction :lol: C-3's are notorious for some of the POOREST build quality of any car ever built.....I still Love them dearly though
Old 07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday. (Alwyn678)

Classic Construction :lol: C-3's are notorious for some of the POOREST build quality of any car ever built.....I still Love them dearly though
Well, I wouldn't just say C3's, pretty much anything from GM in that era was of POOR quality. Nice to see that Ford took over that spot with the Explorer Sport.
:rant: My Explorer Sport is 3 years old, and has cost me almost $5000 in repairs, and now the CHECK ENGINE idiot light is on, as well as the brake light always being on now, no I didn't leave the parking brake on :lol: :lolg: I just bought my wife a Pontiac Vibe, which will be the last domestic I EVER buy. The only reason I even considred the Vibe, is that the powertrain is from Japan out of the Matrix. I've owned many cars over the years and can say with confidence that Toyota and Honda are the only companies I'll buy from in the future.

End of Rant... :lolg: Sometimes I really hate cars, just sometimes. I hate getting on rants like this, but I jsut can't afford the costs of having a domestic as a daily driver anymore. :bb

[Modified by Dwayne 76, 1:00 PM 7/30/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday.

Quick Reply: Got to drive a 73 454 coupe on monday.