C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would like some fellow C3 opinions on a new toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
NickM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like some fellow C3 opinions on a new toy

Hi guys (and gals),

I'm thinking of adding to my toy collection. So far I've got a 69 coupe w/ sidepipes, a 93 coupe (both pretty standard) a very custom 01 Harley Road King and the wife has a 96 Virago, she also likes to drive the 93 vette much more than I do.

A very good buddy of mine who works for Harley is thinking about selling his 03 Anniversary Superglide, which he says will be discontinued this year and only has 900 miles on it. It's a steal for what he's willing to sell it to me for.

Just to give you a little history, I've been a Harley rider longer than a corvette driver. Now I have no intentions of getting rid of either the 69 coupe or the Road King, but if I sold the 93 vette and Virago I could probably pick up the Superglide at minimial money out of my pocket, plus the wife would be much happier riding a Harley than the Virago. Not sure how crazy she is giving up the vette though.

Orginally I picked up the 69 vette as a "fun" investment. Now I can't picture not having it; it's just too cool. The 93, I got for what I think was a good deal and wanted something we could drive on a daily basis since I have the 69 titled as an antique. The 93 is OK, but it doesn't WOW me like the 69 or Road King does.

If you look at it as which would lose minimal value over the next few years or better yet, which will give "more bang for the buck" would you keep the 93 vette or go for the Superglide?

Tough decision I have, huh?? ;) I must admit, it's nice to be in this position! :D
Old 07-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Would like some fellow C3 opinions on a new toy (NickM)

Harley's seem to be on the decline in value due to the glut of used ones on the market......Unfortunately you can also pick up a c-4 for a song. I would keep the vette(both of them)
Old 07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Would like some fellow C3 opinions on a new toy (Alwyn678)

:iagree: .....There are early C-4's out there that are cheaper than my rather bottom of the C-3 scale 76 L-48. If you are doing it for the money, follow your head. But if the lack of driving pleasure is gonna affect you and your wife, then follow your heart.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

One of the great things about Harley's it that they hold their value very well. C4 prices are steady dropping, believe me I know (I have a '91 vert). I'd sell the C4 and get the most out of it while you can and get the Hog, but that's me. :D
Old 07-29-2003, 05:33 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

All 2003 Harley's really look nice IMO. I really like the 03 paint scheme, would love to have a V Rod or a night train.

I am afraid you won't like the current market for your 93, they are pretty much bottomed out. If you got a real good deal on it, it may not matter.

Definetly get rid of the Virago and maybe the 01.

Get notified of new replies

To Would like some fellow C3 opinions on a new toy

Quick Reply: Would like some fellow C3 opinions on a new toy