C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There is a difference in manufacture quality?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Sixty9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There is a difference in manufacture quality?

Finally made a decision on what side exhaust I will go with--factory style w/fiberglass covers. Now the problem--3 different vendors--Stainless Works, Allen's, or Sweet Thunders(M.C.). If anyone has any of these--could appreciate a little feedback on performance, sound, and quality. I will probably go for aluminized pipes over SS. I've heard they all have different baffles--so one has to be better than the others. Also, how do the fiberglass covers look--want to paint them factory metal look---will it look fake? Thanx for listening to all my exhaust posts lately--just want it right--the first time! :D
Old 07-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Sixty9
Advanced

Default Re: There is a difference in manufacture quality? (Sixty9)

Anyone? :nopity :D
Old 07-28-2003, 08:52 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

No idea..... but I did find myself secretly tapping on sidepipes at Hershey :lol: to see if they were "real".... I was too embarassed to be real obvious about it, but I was getting a very clicky fiberglas sound out of covers that I thought for sure were real.. :) so all that says is that I can't tell the diff!! :lol: MJ
Old 07-28-2003, 08:58 PM
gmcclurg
Racer

Default Re: There is a difference in manufacture quality? (Sixty9)

I bought my true dual setup from Allens. They are not side pipes, but I was pleased with the quality and service. I ordered them last year early August and picked them up at Carlisle to save freight.

Get notified of new replies

To There is a difference in manufacture quality?

Quick Reply: There is a difference in manufacture quality?