C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 05:00 PM
theoUK
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning

I've had a thread going with a few folks here in the UK, about getting cruise working again. I recently got mine back to life, and i've hosted some details - thought people may find them useful. I know most of you guys would say "just get a new transducer", but being in the UK it's not so easy or cheap, so I decided to get some details on the web -
It's at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~eaztl1/...leshooting.htm
and http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~eaztl1/...trol_recon.htm
Hope it helps someone!
:cheers:
Old 07-28-2003, 05:36 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning (theoUK)

Nice work. We had a thread here back in the winter and the nagging problem I had with my 78 was the "hunt" issue. Ironically when I went on my road trips this summer it persisted at lower speeds but when set at 70 mph...it locked it nicely and I cruised for hundreds of miles. Go figure!
Old 07-28-2003, 05:55 AM
theoUK
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning (hunt4cleanair)

Thanks!
I'm still trying to get my head into gear about figuring out the finer points of the vaccum in the system. As most people will know, the vacuum changes with speed, load and throttle position. Putting the cruise system "in the loop" makes things a little more complicated on the surface, since it also changes throttle position. I want to know exactly how it all changes, and actually get a physical explanation of what happens when it starts to hunt. I do quite a bit of computer modelling in my work, and I reckon if I gave it some more time, when i get some inlet manifold pressure data, I could figure out a fairly good mathematical model for it - but that'd be a lot of work, and why bother when it works OK? :) Just curious, I guess. Dangerous stuff curiosity.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:56 AM
guppie
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning (theoUK)

WOW! Thanks for the great info. I'm going to be working on mine soon. If I can't come up with a solution from all this somethings wrong. Again Thanks. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Troubleshooting and reconditioning