C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need input on heades& side pipes vs. ram horns and chambered exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 08:39 AM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need input on heades& side pipes vs. ram horns and chambered exhaust

when doing the body off on my 73- i coated the ram horns with por-15 high heat-and re-used the chambered ex..system-bec. the pipes had verry little use before the body off.... the problem i am having is the coating on the ex system peels off-so before shows i have to re-coat them-because i have mirrors and 400w metal haylite fixtures around the car.. i was thinking of going to headers and side exhaust-but now i seen posts that the stock ram horns flow good- if thats the case ,,i was thinking of cermac coating(chrome) the entire chambered exhaust system-which would be less expensive than--installing the headers installing the side pipes-and glassing over the rear where the stainless tips are now-some of your imput would be appreciated--carl a
Old 07-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: need input on heades& side pipes vs. ram horns and chambered exhaust (carl a)

Yes, they are good for manifolds. For perf., none of the above. See what many refer to as my Exhaust topic. http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/ganeyexhaust.htm
You could state cam.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:33 AM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: need input on heades& side pipes vs. ram horns and chambered exhaust (Ganey)

o.k. ganey , i read your thread on exhaust-- so you think i should keep the ram horns and then send out the chamberes pipes to get creamic coated(to cure the constant painting)- as apposed to the headers and side pipes and glassin the rear where the tips are- this would be a lot cheaper and would look good in the mirrors at the shows- http://www.geocities.com/carlclub2/

[Modified by carl a, 12:01 PM 7/27/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To need input on heades& side pipes vs. ram horns and chambered exhaust

Quick Reply: need input on heades& side pipes vs. ram horns and chambered exhaust