C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What breather to run w/ these valve covers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 07:07 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default What breather to run w/ these valve covers?

Hey guys,

I have the GM Performance VC's for my 454 and they have a 1" hole cut in them for a breather/PCV setup. Right now I have a PCV valve hooked up to one of them (that you can see in the pic) and the other one has a cheap-**** Mr. Gasket chrome breather right now. The hole is very small, and after looking at Summit/Jeg's, etc all I can find are breathers for 1.25" holes.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to run K&N breathers, but am not sure they make a push-in breather that has a neck small enough to fit.

Old 07-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Garson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What breather to run w/ these valve covers? (WA 2 FST)

You can get a K&N breather in 1" OD with shield or not. The number is 62-1520 or 62-1170. I have one on my L-82. It is 3" by 2 1/2" high. About $22.00. I got mine from my local performance parts shop.

garson
Old 07-26-2003, 11:10 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Re: What breather to run w/ these valve covers? (Garson)

Garson,

Thanks for the heads-up. Is yours 1" OD including the grommet? The breather I currently have is ~5/8-3/4" OD and then with the grommet it fills the 1" hole in the covers nicely. I did more research and found the part you listed and they also make them in 5/8 and 3/4", but I cannot tell how that is measured...with or without the appropriate grommet. I'm going to assume for now that I will need something smaller than 1" OD since the hole itself is 1" in diameter.

Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To What breather to run w/ these valve covers?

Quick Reply: What breather to run w/ these valve covers?