C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:20 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland

my buddy just called me from maryland he got broadsided and spun around.he said quarter panel tailight panel,the rear wheel is going the wrong direction(thats not good),hes having a friend come down to get it and tow it to my ouse to see how bad if i can fix it,man that paint looked good too.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:02 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland (patsnitrovette)

here it was a few months ago,ill get some pics of what it looks like when it get s to the house,i just got off the phone with him and he is sick to his stomach,so am i i had alot of work in it.He said he thinks its worse then he described it, the door is shot too.

[Modified by patsnitrovette, 3:03 PM 7/26/2003]
Old 07-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland (patsnitrovette)

:eek: That has gotta blow chunks. :U
I hope the car is repairable. That looks nice.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:11 PM
White 68
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a shame ....Do you paint at your house ?? If so any tips for the home painter ....I,m getting closer to starting my paint .I,m down to bare glass ..doors hood rear lid all off... A few more glass repairs ( small stuff ) ...I was lookng for tips on setting up my garage ...such as hanging plastic/ making the paint booth area/ fans etc.....Thanks....I,ve read lars paper ...anything to add ?
I,m doing my 68 vert back to Polar white original I think .....

[Modified by White 68, 2:34 PM 7/26/2003]
Old 07-26-2003, 03:27 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland (White 68)

yes i do everything in my garage but not the on in the picture,painting i do in a 26x30 garage,i wet the floors down cover what i can up and paint it,i always sand my paint out when done and buff it so i dont worry about dirst that much it all comes out when sanding and buffing is done.I only di little work now gas tanks for harleys ect... i have asthma really bad from painting without a mask for way too many years and now im paying for it,so my biggest advice is WEAR A FRESH AIR RESPIRATOR-it may be pain now but its worse not wearing one down the road.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:47 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland (Ed T)

thanks ed,i dont think ill be able to repaint it for him if its fixable,but ill do the glass work and mechanical at least for him,what sucks is he only has liability on it. :sad: who knows maybe ill own a 68 after all this is said and one.It is a original 427 4 speed car,but a 350 was dropped in it when he bought it.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Damn that sucks.. I hope its not totalled.. I know what its like to go through that :sad:
Old 07-26-2003, 11:15 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

thanks ed,i dont think ill be able to repaint it for him if its fixable,but ill do the glass work and mechanical at least for him,what sucks is he only has liability on it. :sad: who knows maybe ill own a 68 after all this is said and one.It is a original 427 4 speed car,but a 350 was dropped in it when he bought it.
Man that bites, I remember you showing off that car when you painted it, what a shame. :sad:

Why didn't he have collectors insurance on that thing? Cheap as hell and is full coverage.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:17 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland (LAvetteman)

:(
Old 07-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland (QuickVet)

Well I haven’t even had the heart to call my painter to tell him I had my Vette totaled. Whether a drunk driver hit me or not he would probably come over and knock me out. He loved my Vette and took great strides to make it perfect. Once I had a knick on the nose and he stripped and repainted the whole Vette because he did not like the quality!! The car took 5 tries before he was satisfied with the quality!
I feel for your friend and the absolute worst feeling is walking into my garage and seeing her in all that agony. I swear the car speaks to me and she needs to be resurrected or put out of her misery (parted out). Tell your friend I really feel for him. Pick up your boot straps and never look back.

David

Get notified of new replies

To torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland

Quick Reply: torch red 68 i painted just got wrecked in maryland