C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 owners with broken arms!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 08:25 AM
garandfan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
Cruise-In 7 Car Show Winner

Default C5 owners with broken arms!!

I've come to the conclusion that all C5 owners must have broken left arms. They are unable to wave!!

Went to a car gathering in Auburn, IN on Thursday. Auburn is a Auto town, that is where the Auburns, Cords, and Dueisenburgs were made. Also the place where the BIG Kruse actions go every year.

There were 167 antiques, and hot rods at the gathering. They block off the Court House square and park all there.

Any ways back to the story, I passed several C5's on the way there and not a single wave!! Passed 2 C4's and they waved, as well as all of the C3's.

Whats the story, are they to good, or just don't know?

BTW saw the nicest 1978 pace car ever there!! 16,000 Miles on it and not a single scratch, or flaw that I could see.

If any of you guys live with in driving distance, this is a great gathering. They do it once a month, and it is sponsered by the chamber of commerce.

Semper-Fi, Frank
Old 07-26-2003, 11:45 AM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (garandfan)

I have a 2003 and a 1980. The majority of drivers around here wave, doesn't seem to matter what generation car. However, the other day I was in my C5 and waved at a C3 driver (two lane-no traffic) and got no response. Not necessarily unusual, but it happened two more times the same day, the other drivers were also in C3s . :confused:

Point is, C5 owners are not the only ones with broken arms. Save the wave. :)
Old 07-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Enkil
Instructor

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (mapman)

Read some of the other boards sometimes, it's kinda funny. We complain about c4's and c5's not waving, c4's complain about c5's not waving, and the c5 guys have already expressed concerns that the c6 guys won't wave at them.

It's just that the people that buy the newer cars aren't always as entrenched in the legacy/history/etc that comes with owning a 'Vette.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (Enkil)

Frank,
They probably just didn't like you. :p:
Old 07-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Kenzy
Racer

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (Greg)

Apparently its not a new thing. Read the second paragragh from this article www.corvettearchive.com/images/1977/HRC1977/Vettemag5.jpg

It's a review of the '77 corvette from Vettemag from Superfast80's web site. Basically the writer mentions that some newer 'vette owners weren't waving while all the owners of olders 'vettes always waved. Keep in mind this is 1977.

I think its a thing of new vette owners just don't get the hertitage of owning and driving a 'vette. Pesonally if I don't get a wave, then no big deal, but if I do get a wave from a C5/C4, that's when I smile and think "Yah they get it".

To each there own.

[Modified by Kenzy, 1:33 AM 7/27/2003]

[Modified by Kenzy, 1:34 AM 7/27/2003]
Old 07-27-2003, 02:05 AM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,835 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (Kenzy)

Interesting old article Brad! Sounds like the author wasn't much of a sports car enthusiast though. How come when I read that I get a picture in my head of a fat, hotdog & Coke slurping, college drop out/magazine contributor that is so much more at home in a Plymouth Volare?
:lol: Greg
Old 07-27-2003, 03:33 AM
Kenzy
Racer

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (Greg)

Ya I got the same picture but was thinking of an old Rambler. :cheers:
Old 07-27-2003, 09:19 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: C5 owners with broken arms!! (garandfan)

When I drive the '79, only C-3's and C-4's driven by males wave. When I drive the '67- EVERYBODY waves.
P.S.
IMHO, C-1 guys are deliberate snobs; so are most C-2 guys; most C-5 guys are either clueless or snobs, too. :yesnod: :lol: :yesnod:
They seem to think that if you were as good as they were, you'd be driving what they drive.
That's why I love ROASTING the BB C-2's and the C-5 ZO6's so much with my 'lowly' '79- gives them a fresh look at life.

:lol: :lolg: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To C5 owners with broken arms!!

Quick Reply: C5 owners with broken arms!!