C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vendor rant....dont worry i will not supply name

Old 07-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Aflac
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default vendor rant....dont worry i will not supply name

OK, heres the deal. i went to buy some swept wing spinner caps from a local supplier for my 77... i bought them at a rate lower than the mail order catalogs. Went to put them on and no dice, center cap was too big. No biggy, I took them back and got my money back with no issue. I called a major corvette parts supplier (in a southern state--i'll leave it at that) on a saturday. I understand about shipping time and all on saturdays..i order from one of their chief rivals on a saturday before and gfot the parts on the following tuesday. every thing was perfect with them. Like i was saying, i order the wheel kit from the other place on last saturday. the operator promised me that they would be in my hands withing 2-3 days. i called them wednesday and asked where they were... "oh we shipeed them and you haven't got them yet" Like i siad earlier, i can pass some time off due to the weekend order. They finally get here today and they arent right! the invoice says they are for a 1976-82 but when put up against the wheel, they are wayyyy too small. there's no way these are right. they attach with set screws and there isnt anyway that the parts they sent are correct. I called their competitor and the guy on the phone talked me through and verified my worst concerns... How would you all deal with this ??? Needless to say i am a bit peeved...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vendor rant....dont worry i will not supply name