C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's this for Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Sixty9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's this for Exhaust!

I want to use the factory '69' look fiberglass covers-so no burns. I've read about using "shorty" headers w/the '69' style pipes(no mods). Is this still a restrictive flow? Any suggestions for these covers w/out using the '69' style mufflers/pipes? Do not want to spend a fortune for my '69' w/327.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: How's this for Exhaust! (Sixty9)

Several people here on the forum have created their own sidepipes, with different amounts of success. I think the easiest setup would be a set of short headers routed out to 2-1/2" or 3" pipes out behind the front wheels(factory sidepipe location) then into a 3-1/2" straight pipe the length of the fiberglass covers. Inside the 3-1/2" pipe have some JCL spiral baffles. I want to eventually go with a setup similar to this.
RollingThunder (Dave) is rolling his own sidepipes and PatsNitrovette has his own home engineered sidepipes with fiberglass covers. I think Pat even posted some sound bites of his car going through his pipes and it sounded awesome!
Good Luck!

Quick Reply: How's this for Exhaust!