C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These?

Old 07-25-2003, 05:49 PM
texas shark2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These?

Anyone using or familiar with quick swap gears? As I understand it, they are made to give you the ability to quickly change your differential gears (highway to strip to highway) in relatively short time. Just curious.
:flag
Old 07-25-2003, 07:00 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Default Re: Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These? (texas shark2)

Well the down side is the loss of LSD, which from my understanding you lose out on some Cornering Ability. However, the Last SCCA race I was at I met a guy with a GT2 c5 vett with a winters independent rear end. "quick change rear" Anyways it was a very impressive setup as he had a cage that held the rear end in place, and that was suspended to the frame, then the rear housing it's self was suspended to the cage. Very odd but looked like it works. and it did work on the track. SO I guess the not having LSD is not a big deal. I like the idea too.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Racer16k
Pro

Default Re: Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These? (WashingtonRacer)

You can get a Gleason/Torsen torque sensing type differential for those too. They don't have to have just a spool inside. When I used one we had two different axles for the one side. Put in the short one it was a differential, put in the long one and it lock it up to act like a spool. Verry cool. They can be found at racer swapmeets pretty reasonable.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:24 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These? (Racer16k)

i worked on winters rear ends (quick change)while i was into circle track racing,i was able to swap and refill in under 5 minutes.Depending on what track we run i could swap from 4.56 to 6.39 gears.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick Swap Gears???? Anybody Running These?