C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 04:49 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette???

Man, I'll tell ya, it was a beautiful day today so I decided to take the Vette for a spin. After getting gas I was stopped at the light next to the left turn lane. I could not see the intersection entrance to my right because of a big truck. All of a sudden I hear screeeeeeeeeeeech and I look to my left :eek: HOLY SH%@ there is a Miata doing a 360 on the other side of the medium! I keep watching and now he is jumping the medium..........a little longer and he comes to rest about 5 feet in front and to the left of my car in the left turn lane. He obviously ran the red light, was going too fast and lost it. Worse off he was a punk kid. I yelled at him that he was going to F'in kill somebody...he rolled his eyes. I didn't get the plate because as soon as he stopped he got the left turn light. He pulled a U turn so I gave him the middle digit
See my "Police Report"

What if I had been sitting in that left turn lane??? I get cold sweats just thinking about it!!!!!

I shrug that one off and go have a great drive in the hilly, twisty(and straight :D ) roads near my house. 2 hours later I come home. :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto:

At almost the same intersection (I was going the direction the Miata was coming from in the incident above) and an Eclipse (not the new body style but the one before it) comes up to a stop sign......does he stop????????????????NO!!!!!didn't even look in my direction...............so now I have a split second decision to make, do I slam on my brakes to miss this AZZHOLE? Or to I jam-it into 2nd and pass him on the right? As you can see in my "Police Report" below, the right lane in my direction was ending so if I am going to pass him I am going to have to open up the secondaries. :yesnod: :yesnod: Since I have new tires, I dropped it into second and went around this AZZHOLE and chirped 3rd while doing it. :thumbs: Again, another punk-kid :mad

I don't know what is going around here in Northern Va. but it seem people are driving :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: , more so that normal lately :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 07-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Tominator
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (theandies)

I bet he had a movie ticket stub in his car from TFTF :D
Old 07-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Todbo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (theandies)

How in the world could they miss that WBY color :cool:
Old 07-25-2003, 06:42 PM
80Xflags
Pro

Tell me about it!! The loonies are out up here in NJ too!! :mad I didn't really have any close calls like you, but I had to contend with all the generally rude "you have a vette and I don't so I'm gonna run you off the road" drivers, the soccer moms going 15 MPH, garden crews blowing leaves into the street, all sorts of trucks making deliveries, and not to mention the 18 wheeler that passed me on the right where the right lane was disappearing. All this in addition to the usual pothole slalom.

:mad :mad :mad

And I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing drive :nono:

Oh well :nopity At least we made it through the day unscratched.

Matt :auto:
Old 07-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (80Xflags)

Glad you managed to avoid (or be avoided) in both cases. Must say though, the drawings are cool!!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:33 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad there was no impact. And nice arwork!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:21 PM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good job on that second maneuver! nice drawings too! I'm glad you or your car weren't scratched :yesnod:
Old 07-25-2003, 11:18 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

John,

Glad to hear you and the Vette came through the day unscathed! :yesnod:

Based on your artwork (very good by the way), I'd say you've been watching reruns of the Brady Bunch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Modified by 74-Roadster, 10:24 PM 7/25/2003]
Old 07-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Yikkeess! That was close on both accounts.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Drew M
Team Owner

Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (Dwayne 76)

Wow, diagrams. Dont see that everyday. Good to hear the car made it home.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (THawkbh)

Question, in the first diagram, was the big red thing a Hummer? :jester
Old 07-26-2003, 12:05 AM
standup
Drifting

When I first looked at your pictures (A+), I thought you were documenting my drive into work today :) ......that's pretty much a daily occurence in Auckland..........

I'm not condoning the idiocy of the boy racers, but I admit that I pulled that 360 stunt when I was younger (it wasn't planned and I blame it on the Rockford Files).....and trust me...that kid will remember your finger loud and clear.......for many years to come.........

I think pretty highly of my Vette, and I think everbody should notice it :), but I'm still amazed about the few eggs who don't, which usually results in me having to employ a reverse cambered steering trick or make a two footed braking manouver.....

It seems that just when I'm comfortable enough to open her up, someone steps in to check me back into reality.....maybe that's what the close calls are for??????

Anyway......I'm glad nothing was scratched.......
Old 07-26-2003, 01:01 AM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (standup)

......I'm glad nothing was scratched.......
Or worse.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:48 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Re: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette??? (74-Roadster)

Based on your artwork (very good by the way), I'd say you've been watching reruns of the Brady Bunch
:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

Question, in the first diagram, was the big red thing a Hummer?
No, I think it was an Excursion :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the support guys/gals. I still cringe looking at my first encounter with the truly world’s worst drivers. I am going to my cousins today to swim and I am taking the Tauras :cry (Its a fully paid for company car...I'm not complaining execpt that it's a F@%D).

Thanks for the compliments on my drawings. I tried to explain it with just words but it just didn't have the impact that a picture did. I used MS Power Point and then converted it over to a .JPG using Adobe Photo Deluxe.

[Modified by theandies, 8:50 AM 7/26/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette???

Quick Reply: Almost got hit twice today!!!!! I am scared to drive my Vette???