C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have something special to sell for you. Are you interested and what should I ask for it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 06:58 AM
MARKUS_P
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I have something special to sell for you. Are you interested and what should I ask for it?

Hi guys and gals

I just managed to fit the B&M quicksilver shifter into my vette. Therefore I had to make a special plate out of stainless steel.
After measureing, drawing and manufacturing the plate I noticed that we chose the wrong surface design :eek:
The rest of my cars interior has a different design so I can not use it and weŽll have to make another plate. That sucks..
Well, at least I thought that I can post a picture of the plate and offer it for sale.

The plate features two big round cutouts (diameter=53mm) for additional gauges and two small round cutouts (d=28mm) for a starter switch and a 12/24 V connection.
Further more there was made an engraving into the plate (check the pic) directly under the small cutouts. "Start" and "12V/24V"
This plate was a lot of work and if somebody tries to fit a quicksilver shifter into his car this is something he could use. There are no tunnel modifications needed to mount the shifter, the only backdraw is that youŽll have to find another place for the heater controls.
To mount the plate you have to cutout the original plate and use itŽs frame.
IŽm now on vacation for three weeks (email is senseless, because this is my company adress) but IŽll check out the forum every now and then.
As always
Markus

Quick Reply: I have something special to sell for you. Are you interested and what should I ask for it?