C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-TOP ADJUSTMENT

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:46 AM
GORDO79
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T-TOP ADJUSTMENT

HOW MUCH ADJUSTMENT IS THERE FOR GLASS T-TOPS? I JUST PURCHASED GLASS T-TOPS FOR MY 79. I ADJUSTED THE BRACKET ON THE DRIVERS SIDE BUT IT STILL SEEMS A LITTLE SNUG AND I DO NOT WANT TO CAUSE STRESS ON TNE GLASS. IS THERE ANY OTHER ADJUSTMENT I AM MISSING?
Old 07-24-2003, 06:09 PM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: T-TOP ADJUSTMENT (GORDO79)

You can adjust the center by adding/removing spacers under the clips that stab into the center t-bar. You can also adjust the rubber pad that is on the lever in the front by screwing it in/out. This really only adjusts the force needed to lock the lever and how tight it is.once locked. I also found that the lever bracket on mine interferred with the very corner of the chromed corner on the windshield frame. This prevented the outside, front edge of the t-top from seating on the front of the windshield frame. I removed a small amount of material off of the front edge of the lever bracket to get proper clearance and it all fit nice. To adjust any of this on the glass tops just remove the plastic covers (2 in the center and one over the lever) so you can get a better look at how thing are fitting. There is also a little room to adjust the mounting of the lever bracket itself which can affect how for forward/back the t-top sits.

Quick Reply: T-TOP ADJUSTMENT