C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

memory wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:14 PM
jonny4523
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default memory wire

The old stereo I have now is about to be replaced. But even when I do use it, none of my presets remain after I turn the car off. I thought it was the radio. But I was messing around with some of the wiring behind the dash the other day and found a yellow wire that looked like it had been cut. Attached to it is a small tag that says to attach it to the positive battery line or something in order to have memory for the clock, radio, etc. Does anybody know where this is supposed to be connected to?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: memory wire (jonny4523)

Connect that to a battery source at the fuse box if you can. The bat source will always be hot so the pre-set stations and time will sustain indefinatly unless the battery is dis-connected. if you cant find an open spade to connect to then use one of those clips that snaps under one of the fuse ends. Clip it to a fuse that is always hot. Brake light circut is always hot, cig lighter circui is always hot...ect. the clips usually connect to one side of the fuse so make sure you put it on the protected side. Dont worry about the extra draw from the radio memory since it is minimal.

Quick Reply: memory wire