C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tall valve covers on 77

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 07:48 PM
jetjock32
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tall valve covers on 77

any one know if you can fit the edelbrock signature valve covers on a 77. I am building a new 350 with the edelbrock rpm heads, and intake and would like to put roller rockers on but that requires tall valve covers and I like the edelbrock signature series..thought suggestions?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: tall valve covers on 77 (jetjock32)

I don't see why you couldn't. I have Dart (tall) aluminum valve covers on my engine that have to be more difficult to deal with since long threaded studs are mounted in the heads and the covers are then slid over them and tightened from the top. That created interference with the alternator without going to a longer belt that almost pushes it outward to it's max. It is a good concept that Dart came up with though as the top pressure more evenly distributes weight through the covers to the bottom. I ran the Edelbrock tall signature valve covers on a '69 I had before and did not have the issues that I went through with these.

Just in case you wanted to know... do not buy Dart valve covers unless you have clean & flat CNC milled surfaces as they do not use normal cork gaskets that you see on most engines. Just a think paper gasket.

[Modified by bgrice, 7:44 PM 7/23/2003]

Quick Reply: tall valve covers on 77