C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 04:30 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Fuel line question.

Is the stock fuel feed line on a C3 5/16's or 3/8" ? I don't have a pair of calipers or micrometer to measure it.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:45 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Fuel line question. (BSeery)

I'm not sure what you mean by the feed line. However your main fuel line should be 3/8" and the return line should be 5/16" . Does that help?
Old 07-23-2003, 04:46 PM
bossvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the hard line is 3/8
Old 07-23-2003, 06:02 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Default Re: Fuel line question. (bence13_33)

I'm not sure what you mean by the feed line. However your main fuel line should be 3/8" and the return line should be 5/16" . Does that help?
yes, the main line - the one that goes from the fuel tank to the pump and is the larger of the two lines.

So, that is 2 "it should be 3/8th's". My thought exactly. But has anyone measured it ? Are we sure? I am about to order about $150 worth of fuel line and fittings and I wanna make sure.
Looks like I may need to run out and get a caliper to measure.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3/8" was stock for the feed but I don't think that return is 5/16", more like a 1/4" and you need 5/16" for most FI. The vapor return line on the driver side is either 5/16 or 3/8 and is what I'll be using for my return line.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:46 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Default Re: Fuel line question. (Fevre)

3/8" was stock for the feed but I don't think that return is 5/16", more like a 1/4" and you need 5/16" for most FI. The vapor return line on the driver side is either 5/16 or 3/8 and is what I'll be using for my return line.
My FI calls for 3/8th for both feed and return.

You can't use the vapor return line on the drivers side. Some have said that it dumps between the metal tank and the bladder. What has happened in the past is that the return fuel gets dumped between the bladder and tank, causing the bladder to collapse. You will show that you have a full tank, but only have a few gallons if any at all inside the bladder.

I plan to run a new 3/8" return line and at the tank have it connect to the same place as the existing return line. I know that the connection at the tank is only 1/4", but that should still be able to flow enough for a return on my system. This is a TBI not a MPI system and the fuel pressures and flow are much less than a direct port system. If I still have to much return pressure, then I just need to take the filler neck and plate off and have a 3/8" return put in.

Well, it looks like it's a 3/8's feed line - time to spend some money at Summit !!!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My FI calls for 3/8th for both feed and return.

You can't use the vapor return line on the drivers side. Some have said that it dumps between the metal tank and the bladder. What has happened in the past is that the return fuel gets dumped between the bladder and tank, causing the bladder to collapse. You will show that you have a full tank, but only have a few gallons if any at all inside the bladder.

I plan to run a new 3/8" return line and at the tank have it connect to the same place as the existing return line. I know that the connection at the tank is only 1/4", but that should still be able to flow enough for a return on my system. This is a TBI not a MPI system and the fuel pressures and flow are much less than a direct port system. If I still have to much return pressure, then I just need to take the filler neck and plate off and have a 3/8" return put in.

Well, it looks like it's a 3/8's feed line - time to spend some money at Summit !!!
Got no blatter so I pee all the time. :D
Old 07-23-2003, 08:12 PM
gearheadz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Fuel line question. (Fevre)

Just measured mine...3/8" main & 1/4" return.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:51 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Default Re: Fuel line question. (mdsmith)

Just measured mine...3/8" main & 1/4" return.
Thanks !!

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel line question.

Quick Reply: Fuel line question.