C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake fluid leaking from reservoir??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Skeets
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake fluid leaking from reservoir??

i've got brake fluid leaking out of the top of my fluid reservoir? .... not just cos it's too full, but because i'm getting some sort of back pressure :confused: .

i've tried re-building the master cylinder with new seals etc, but still getting the same problem.

The brake's are (and always have been) really spongy.. but do not remember having this problem before. the only other problem is a slightly weeping brake caliper.. could this be anything to do with the back pressure??
Old 07-23-2003, 04:15 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Brake fluid leaking from reservoir?? (Skeets)

i've got brake fluid leaking out of the top of my fluid reservoir? .... not just cos it's too full, but because i'm getting some sort of back pressure :confused: .

i've tried re-building the master cylinder with new seals etc, but still getting the same problem.

The brake's are (and always have been) really spongy.. but do not remember having this problem before. the only other problem is a slightly weeping brake caliper.. could this be anything to do with the back pressure??
Have you inspected the bore of the MC VERY thoroughly? They tend to pit further in than you might see by just looking it over. Mine was that way and I missed it on the first try. When I discovered it, I send it to Apple Hydraulics in NY and they resleeved it with brass (I am a long believer that Brass is best fir this type of application). Price was right and they turned it over pretty fast - did a nice job also. Problems solved!

Quick Reply: Brake fluid leaking from reservoir??