C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dad's driving the vette for 2 days

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Glutamine83
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dad's driving the vette for 2 days

yep, my dad's friend is in town, so my dad lent him his daily driver, and since dad won't use his new suburban (too dusty???? :mad ) he wants to use my vette for the next two days.....i said no problem, but I left no fuel in it :reddevil ......

how many people think he will bag the daylights out of it? he used to own a 1970 440-6pac GTX, and he keeps telling me my vette is a pile of crud compared to his GTX.......

Will my dad wreck my car? :_dupe:
Old 07-23-2003, 10:48 AM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Dad's driving the vette for 2 days (Glutamine83)

I doubt he'll wreck it, but I bet he puts it through its paces. I wonder how many people will do or say something to him when they see the car roll up or pass by, thinking it's you :rofl:

I'll be he has some interesting stories to tell when he brings the car back. :D
Old 07-23-2003, 11:23 AM
68shark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Dad's driving the vette for 2 days (isosceles)

Scenario 1: The cops will probably pull him over saying they'd been meaning to talk to him about his driving for a long time. Then your Dad will find out more about you than he knew before!! Not good....

Or....

Scenario 2:Your Dad will pretend it's a 440 6pack...drive the bejesus out of it....then later, you'll get hassled by the police about all the drag races "your car" got into and you'll get the book thrown at you!! Also, not good....

Bottom line?

No good can come from this. Offer to pay the rental on a car for him. Would be far cheaper in the long run!! :lol:
Old 07-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Freepop
Pro

Default Re: Dad's driving the vette for 2 days (68shark)

Yeah, that's it you should've rented a ricer for him... are fart cans extra? :lolg:
Old 07-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Glutamine83
Racer

Default Re: Dad's driving the vette for 2 days (Freepop)

lol..........ya, my dad HATES ricers, my cousin happened to "borrow" a huge fart can exhaust and offered it to me, i don't want it, but I should put it on my dad's 99 malibu when he isn't looking, and when he hits the gas.........chainsaw time :cheers:
Old 07-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

I don't care if my grandma's the original owner of the car- I'm not letting her drive it anymore. :)

The last time I let her drive it, she couldn't even get the car into reverse! (It's an automatic...)

-Steve
Old 07-23-2003, 05:39 PM
LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the rear wheel wells for rubber shards after he gives it back! Ya never know what kind of wild azz driving stunts your dad's gonna try to pull in that thing!

This reminds me of my friend's dad back in college. He wanted to borrow my buddy's Duster for a couple of days. This Duster was a hopped up 340 that was very quick! Anyway, he wouldn't immediately say why he wanted to borrow it. We later learned that his dad wanted to race a co-worker from one end of the company parking lot to another! Turns out this co-worker was running off at the mouth about how fast his Camaro was and "ol' DAD" (the "Chief" we used to call him) wanted to put the guy in his place. My buddy's dad was the epitome of coooool! :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Dad's driving the vette for 2 days

Quick Reply: Dad's driving the vette for 2 days