C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:20 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette.

Well guys and gals my 79 has officially been in the shop for two months since the exhaust shop that caught it on fire, ....caught it on fire. Minor damage to the rear, one of their welds broke and I went in for a fix and got a fire. Anyways, since it's in there I had them drop in a spare 383 stroker I had lying around with 10.5:1, dart 76cc, 235 cc heads, air gap intake, blah blah blah. the point is, is that i should have it back in two weeks and want to go on a cruise in it or something. I live in houston, are there any gatherings or pro street tours coming up?

I miss my vette.

also what kind of 1/4 mile times should i expect at close to sea level with 500 flywheel horsepower in a 383 with a th-350 with a shift kit on 17's with sticky tires. ? Hate to say it, but I don't know my rear gear ratio. I think it's steep.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:52 AM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette. (munday)

Hey Munday, come on over and will let you take my lil red boat for a cruise..
just make sure you fill her up on the way back..hear! :steering:

Old 07-23-2003, 10:56 AM
lyndave75
Instructor

Default Re: Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette. (munday)

I know all about the withdrawl symptoms. I just got mine on the road Monday after 360 days of it being in my garage getting painted. Now you couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a hand full of s**t!!!!! :lol:

:cheers:
Dave
Old 07-23-2003, 05:50 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette. (lyndave75)

Many of the Louisiana forum members are gathering on Friday August 1st. Let me know if you are interested.

As for the 383, seems I see alot of 383ers running 12 second 1/4 miles, not bad for a small block.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:22 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette. (LAvetteman)

okay i'll take you up on the boat, and lemme have some more info about that rally or gathering yall are gonna do, my email is "munday@earthlink.net"

thanks guys :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for a cruise!!! not the water kind, but in my vette.