C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUSTED MY REAR-END WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW ONE?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 01:00 AM
Corvettelvr73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BUSTED MY REAR-END WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW ONE?????????????

Saturday night I broke my rear-end on the 2nd pass at the dragstrip. I have pulled the rear-end and now have no idea where to get a new one!!!! I live in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. I need one as soon as possible and dont know where to start looking. What is the usual cost for a complete unit? I am not going to be able to have a core considering the posi-traction unit exploded and I racked the pieces out of the carrier with my hand and there is a hole in the bottom of the carrier also. :confused: :mad
Old 07-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Corvettelvr73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: BUSTED MY REAR-END WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW ONE????????????? (Corvettelvr73)

I really need help on this one I am completely clueless!
Old 07-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: BUSTED MY REAR-END WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW ONE????????????? (Corvettelvr73)

I already knew of a place when I blew my rear end last year. It's Pacific Corvette in Payallup WA where Merlin had his car built. Check them out at http://www.pacvette.com. I think they charged me like $400 for an old used 3.08 and took my basket case off my hands for me. It's still working good, so I think it was a fair deal considering mine was all busted up.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:11 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

If you or anyone else is interested I have a nice 3.08 (complete) for $400 and a real nice one w/hd side yokes for $500 I also have a freshly rebuilt 4.11 for $900 (if you have an oil well in your backyard). PLEASE e-mail direct!! redvetracr@msn.com
Old 07-22-2003, 07:44 AM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

http://corvetteperfection.com/corvetteperfection001.htm

Get notified of new replies

To BUSTED MY REAR-END WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW ONE?????????????

Quick Reply: BUSTED MY REAR-END WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW ONE?????????????