C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 corvette value with 427 tri-power

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:32 PM
cobracompound
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 68 corvette value with 427 tri-power

I've always been a corvette fan, and at the moment have an opportunity to buy a 68 that needs a little work for what I would consider short money.
The car is an original 427 4 speed, but I don't think the engine is original (no numbers in the usual place) The car runs well and has new brakes, exhaust, and some new front end components. The interior is in good shape but apart at the moment because the owner just installed a new wiring harness. ( I won't buy it until I know the wiring was done right and everything is put back together) The body looks ok from 10 feet, but will definitely need a paint job, there are some big scratches and cracking of the paint.
The chrome looks ok and the dash is in good shape.

Here are some pics (bad ones I know) of the car. I wonder what folks would think it was worth.

Thanks for any advice.

-Matt
Old 07-22-2003, 12:07 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: 68 corvette value with 427 tri-power (cobracompound)

NOM hurts, but if the frame's solid, that car's still worth at least $16K or $17K IMHO, maybe more. Is it a 400HP or 435HP? Does it run at the moment? There are a few non-original parts evident in your pics (hood, valve covers, etc.) and that negatively affects the value somewhat. If you can check out the drivetrain and there's no significant rust in the usual C3 places, it might be a good deal.

JB

[Modified by JB, 11:13 PM 7/21/2003]

Quick Reply: 68 corvette value with 427 tri-power