C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:47 PM
vette406
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam help

help i am soo confused. i have a 400 small block. that iam rebuilding. and i ordered a comp cams xr276 hydraulic roller cam. but im not sure if this is even made for my engine. what kind of roller cam do you all recommend. i am so confused please help
Old 07-21-2003, 09:58 PM
69stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: cam help (vette406)

Just call Comp Cams first and tell them the year and size of your engine, they will determine the proper part number to order. A htdrallic Roller will give you the most lift per duration. You will probably need a "retro-fit" hyfradlic roller. Comp Cam will be able to help.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:33 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: cam help (vette406)

If I were you I'd not spend the big bucks on the roller setup until the engine grows into it. Buy a cheap hydraulic,and spend the money where it matters.HEADS.
A roller cam vs.hydraulic on the same engine is worth maybe 20 hp.Take a stock head engine with a hydraulic cam,and swap heads only and pick up 50-75 hp.Plus,while you build the car,you may end up with a different converter,or gears or tires,and the roller you spent a ton of money on will no longer match the combination.

Just a suggestion. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To cam help

Quick Reply: cam help