C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Speed Fan Relay???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 08:28 AM

Default High Speed Fan Relay???

Where can I get a replacement for my high speed fan relay for the AC & Heater? I am currently getting the AC working in a 73 small block, and the one thing I can't locate is the replacement relay. This is the one that is on the firewall, or actually it kind of mounts to the AC box near the innner fender.

A local Chevy dealer has no idea on it, and I can't locate it any of the catalogs. Does anyone know where you can pick this up at?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 07-21-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: High Speed Fan Relay??? (RLH)

I just found in the zip catalog, the part OE part # 1115881 for the Blower Motor Relay. I am thinking this may be it?

Old 07-21-2003, 11:17 AM
corvgreg
Emerging Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts

If you are getting all the fan speeds except high, I think it may be the inline fuse for the AC. It was a large orange wire on my 71 which goes from inside the car to the horn relay. Not sure if its the same color in your 73.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 PM

Default Re: High Speed Fan Relay??? (corvgreg)

I'll check on that too. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:39 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

The ONLY differance between a CORVETTE h/speed blower relay and one off other cars of the era is an extra connection for the ground side of the coil, which runs through the harness to the engine...part of that black wire allways confused on the starter.....
now the thing is, the plugs will more or less fit the say '70 GTO fan relay...but, that gound has to be put to the relay FRAME.....and not a plug tab....

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To High Speed Fan Relay???

Quick Reply: High Speed Fan Relay???