C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best?

Thinking of adding fender flares and bigger wheels and tires, where did you guys buy your flares and which are the best? Also, I need pics of front ends, I'm trying to determine if I want to keep it stock with the flares or add a spoiler. Thanks, Rod
Old 07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best? (Red73)

Ecklers stuff is good quality, can't speak for anything else. On the front, a guy in our local club autocrossed a 73 vert and in order to get larger wheels up front, he drilled a hole near the bottom edge of factory lip flare both in front of the wheel well and behind, then used a saw to from hole to hole. after drilling and cutting, the factory edge hanging free and only attached at the bottom corners. After pulling the lip out ~1-1-1/2", he made a back up plate out of cardboard and glassed the gap from the top, removed the cardboard and glassed from the bottom too. After working and finishing both sides, his front still loked stock, but allowed for a wider wheel, can't remember if he stuffed a 10" wheel in there or not, but its a good alternative on the front. Dave Hopper (Rolling Thunder) used this approach after installing a set of flares and needing another 1" of coverage, I'm sure he can send you pics of how he did everything.

So what set of wheels and tires are youn thinking about? :cool: :cool: 17"x11" or wider out back would sure look sweet on your car!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:14 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best? (Red73)

Rod, thinking of flaring your car :thumbs: . Man that's one of those things that I go back & forth with :boxing .
Old 07-21-2003, 07:17 AM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best? (74-Roadster)

I bought my ZL-1 flares from Vanacor's...as well as my wing and rear spoiler.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best? (Red73)

just a few flare pics

[Modified by Love My 72 and 77, 4:59 AM 7/21/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best?

Quick Reply: Fender Flares - Where did you guys buy your flares from and which are the best?