C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removel of the heater Control from Console

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 03:09 PM
69stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removel of the heater Control from Console

I am taking my console apart for restoration, how do you remove the heater control? I have the screws removed from the bracket and from the control itself. Did you have to disconnect the cables or electrical first? Aren't they in bad? I just don't want to break anything.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Removel of the heater Control from Console (69stingray)

I pulled mine out a little from the mounting frame and feed it back through it at angle then just left it sitting on the trans tunnel.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:27 PM
69stingray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Removel of the heater Control from Console (Fevre)

Thanks Chris, but I am not sure what you mean. I have the center console still in place, the metal bracket that the control is mounted to and the control itself. The screws are removed from the control and the metal bracket. I can only move the control a little because of the wires/hoses at the back of the control. How did you disconnect them? Also, how do you disconnect the vent open/off levers (mounted to the metal bracket) from the cable?

THANKS!
Old 07-20-2003, 05:49 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Re: Removel of the heater Control from Console (69stingray)

Zach-
Disconnect whatever wires and vacuum hoses you can get to, then lift up on the metal bracket. You have to be able to get it up enough to turn it 45-90* about the YZ plane and feed it down thru the hole. Then you can remove the console itself. Getting the cables disconnected is tricky, but do-able. You should be able to slide the end of the cable off of the post with a screwdriver.
Make sense? Good luck with it. Drop me an IM if you need more help. I'm just down the road.

Get notified of new replies

To Removel of the heater Control from Console

Quick Reply: Removel of the heater Control from Console