C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console A/C ducting 1980

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 10:02 PM
av8vito
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Center console A/C ducting 1980

I'm once again forced to remove my center console to repair the radio and the clock (third time in three years!!). After removing the entire center gauge console and radio on my '80, I notice that the black A/C plenum behind the gauge console is just kind of "laid" in there. Looking at the assembly manual, it seems it should have a few screws holding it in. I've felt all around the plenum (still in place) and can't find anyplace screws should go. As it stands, the plenum simply rests on top of the gauge cluster, with the center vents mating to the plenum and holding the whole thing in place. Is this correct? Seems to work, but not how I would have designed it.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:49 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Center console A/C ducting 1980 (av8vito)

I haven't been back there in years, but I remember it was all a snap together install.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:42 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: Center console A/C ducting 1980 (BSeery)

Just put a TCI transmision gauge in place of the non functional clock,and there were no screws holding the duct in place.Not sure how you'd get to them if there were.

Get notified of new replies

To Center console A/C ducting 1980

Quick Reply: Center console A/C ducting 1980