C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get upper windshield trim clips from for a 78 ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can I get upper windshield trim clips from for a 78 ???

I am working on the stainless T bar install and front upper trim piece. The AIM shows a number of clips along the top of the windshield support frame that the trim will slide into. I have 2 clips at the moment, one on each end attached to the corner stainless pieces. The aim calls for 8 I think along the top. Anyone know what the numbers are for them and wwhere to get them.
Neil in Tenn

[Modified by Nomad78SA, 3:05 PM 7/19/2003]
Old 07-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Frank75
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Where can I get upper windshield trim clips from for a 78 ??? (Nomad78SA)

If you mean those little clips that act as nuts for the trim screws, I just got a missing one from the local parts store - just check the distance from the edge of the w/shield to where the screw hole is (3/16" maybe? - can't remember).
Old 07-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: Where can I get upper windshield trim clips from for a 78 ??? (Frank75)

No not those. These are like U clips that a edge will slide down into to hold the trim in place. The ones on the corner molding screw into the windshield frame but have to be installed before the glass is in. These may need to be too but I still have some bubba in me left..
Neil in Tenn

Get notified of new replies

To Where can I get upper windshield trim clips from for a 78 ???

Quick Reply: Where can I get upper windshield trim clips from for a 78 ???