C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 12:20 PM
WeasleVette454
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them?

I have no idea what it would cost to have them rechromed. They are about $150 apiece new. I'm not trying to be a cheepskate, I was curious. Thanks for your input.
Weasle :D
Old 07-19-2003, 12:25 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them? (WeasleVette454)

Rechroming isn't cheap. I am almost positive that it would be more cost effective to replace them.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:34 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them? (79VetteMike)

I've never had anything re chromed before,and would recommend at least getting an estimate before you decide either way.Seems the standards of excellence isn't as great as it used to be,and you'll find your new shiny chrome soon to be flaking or rusting.A specialty chrome shop may give you a much thicker and nicer job for the same money,or less,and you already know they fit the car.
My personal opinion is toss the chrome and get aluminum wheels that can be polished back to better than new if the need arises.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them? (79VetteMike)

Rechroming isn't cheap. I am almost positive that it would be more cost effective to replace them.
:iagree:

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them?

Quick Reply: Opinions, please. Rechrome my Cragars or replace them?