C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking fuel sender

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 09:55 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Leaking fuel sender

Last night while out cruising, me and my buddies noticed fuel dripping from the tank. A closer inspection reveals gas dripping from the sender. It looks like the gasket, I'm assuming there is a gasket, is leaking. This is a new tank installed by the previous owner. From looking at the sender, it looks like I have to turn it to remove it. Is anyone familiar with this procedure? I looked through the archives, and found sending units that were bolted on, but I don't see bolts. I double checked before posting, and it looks like there are tabs keeping the sender from turning, but there are NO bolts holding the unit in. I need your help on this one. I obviously can't drive the car with a leak like this!

Thanks.
Ken
Old 07-19-2003, 10:32 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Leaking fuel sender (bb69)

its a locking ring that you turn to take out the sending unit and theres a oring that seals it,usually they dry out and split and leak.Just tap the ring around till it meets up with the 3 spaces and itll come out,then you can remove the sending unit out .

[Modified by patsnitrovette, 10:33 AM 7/19/2003]
Old 07-19-2003, 10:35 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Leaking fuel sender (patsnitrovette)

Thanks for the reply. I just got done siphoning (sp) out the gas and came in to check for replies. I'm headed back out now with my new found info.

Updates to come....

Get notified of new replies

To Leaking fuel sender

Quick Reply: Leaking fuel sender