C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

re-chrome bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:44 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default re-chrome bumpers

can anyone steer me to a place i can send my bumpers,license plate bracket,,ect... to get re chromed on my 73? also thinking of doing the fan blades . thanks carl
Old 07-18-2003, 11:57 PM
69vette66
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: re-chrome bumpers (carl a)

Contact a bodyshop in your area. I could have them done for you from bumper guy. I would have to find out how much he would charge. they do a very nice job and will take out all dents and repair.

:cheers: Larry
Old 07-19-2003, 06:41 AM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: re-chrome bumpers (69vette66)

so far i have had no luck, asking at body shops in the area-(since 99% of the cars that come in dont have chrome parts) there are hot rodders i could ask at the car shows- just thought id post it to see who you guys are using for this service and what the costs are......as far as dents ect.. the bumpers dont have any- the plating just isnt as nice as it could be.. the license plate frame has small ''pits '' in the chrome-and i wanted to do some more chrome under the hood.. (air cleaner-alt..master cylinder distribiter shield) are chrome now ,,and i thought it would look cool with chrome fan blades----carl
Old 07-19-2003, 10:36 AM
69vette66
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: re-chrome bumpers (carl a)

We put on new reconditioned bumpers from a company here in Kansas City. Most go the same with chrome bumper also. Very seldom do we put on A factory new chrome bumper or a aftermarket chrome. The Chrome bumpers on trucks are rechromed and are very nice. When it is my personal stuff, my bumper guy takes very good care of me on rechroming or new plating. I can get it done for you. I will have to check on a price Monday. It will be show quailty. also you can check in hemmings, the list a some rechroming shops.

:cheers: Larry

Get notified of new replies

To re-chrome bumpers

Quick Reply: re-chrome bumpers