C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69--She needs a little help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Sixty9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 69--She needs a little help

Well today I found my electrical problem. Its at the ignition switch(reminder--car starts but shuts down after key goes to run position.) With a volt meter hooked up to ignition wire and key in run position I stuck my hand up near ignition switch and started moving wires around until low and behold I saw 12v appear on meter. I was able to do this twice--now I can't see the 12v appear again and double checked meter connection. Does anyone happen to know what colored wires are for plugged into switch. There's a purple, pink , and red plugged in switch and the pink one is cut-I don't know if I did it by losening it from where it might have been connected or if previous owner cut it(not used). It might be the ignition switch but I think its a loose connection somewhere and knowing what each wire does would help--especially the wire that keeps a constant 12v to ignition wire. P.S. There's other wires plugged in there. Any help is appreciated--got to get her back on the road!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Default Re: 69--She needs a little help (Sixty9)

On my 75 the "ign" wire is a #12 pink. Your year may or may not be the same, but that might give you a starting point at least. The ignition switch is marked with which terminal does what, the ignition terminal is labled "ign". You might want to get a wiring diagram for your car, try: http://www.lectriclimited.com/

Quick Reply: 69--She needs a little help