C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles?

I saw them once before but can't remember where. Can't remember which way they adapt, maybe both ways, but they are angled bushing like things that allow you to use a newer intake on an old set of heads or/and vise versa. I understand you can grind the intake to match but would rather have the option to switch back and forth without worring about any issues from grinding.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2003, 08:49 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles? (Fevre)

i just slotted the intake holes a bit so it would fit,but i have seen the spacers but i think you still have to drill the intake holes and use the spacers then.But dont quote me on that.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles? (Fevre)

Thanks Pat

I did a search on Summits website and found them but they cost $55 so I'll just slot them a touch. Did you have to grind any off the manifold to make the bolts/washers sit flush? What would be nice is an angled washer to use along with the slotting, should only cost about $20 max, not $55.

:rolleyes:
Old 07-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Here is what they look like:

Going to ses if I can find them cheaper but I suspect shipping will make it a wash on cost.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:08 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

all i did was drill them on angle so they screwed into the head,you could make your own washers go to hardware store and pick up some thick washers and grind them down on an angle.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles? (patsnitrovette)

all i did was drill them on angle so they screwed into the head,you could make your own washers go to hardware store and pick up some thick washers and grind them down on an angle.
That means I would have to buy a grinder. OK Pat, you talked me into it. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles?

Quick Reply: Who makes/sells intake bolt adaptors for the diff head angles?