C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 08:05 PM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Edelbrock prices

I thought you guys would find this interesting so here goes. I drove the vette to work this week and when I turned on the air the engine pulled down noticeably. The reason for this is that while my old Q-Jet had an idle compensator solenoid the new Edelbrock that I installed this winter doesn't. So I figured I would look in my catalogs for the part number and order one. I was amazed to find that a catalog I had from March 2000 listed the part for $39.95 (which I thought was reasonable) while the latest catalog listed the part for $79.95 . Now remember that this is only a sheetmetal bracket and a $20 solenoid. I cross checked the part in a few other catalogs and also on the Edelbrock site and the current price is correct. Now come on, a 100% price increase in only 3 years . I think I might have to grind up a bracket myself and use the old solenoid from the Q-Jet. I don't mind paying a fair price but I think this is insane. :rolleyes:
Old 07-17-2003, 09:19 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Edelbrock prices (vettfixr)

The rich get richer......I get pissed all the time about how high prices get marked up. No one is ever happy making a buck- they want every last cent you have AND whatever you can fit on your credit card. The world is full of crooks.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:45 AM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrock prices (79VetteMike)

Suggestion - go to the local junk yards or swap meets and find old Q-jets in the barrels etc. Bet you find a bracket and maybe even a solenoid that can be cleaned up. Found 2 that way and paid $15 for each carb - worth the junk parts.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:55 AM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrock prices (vettfixr)

Shop around - Edelbrock is widely discounted.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock prices

Quick Reply: Edelbrock prices