C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

76 In For Work & Found 74 Frame Off For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:17 AM
76Stinger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 76 In For Work & Found 74 Frame Off For Sale

Finally got my 76 in for the rear bearing work and whatever else the mechanic may find. Acting only on the recommendation of another Forum member, I followed the tow truck to the guys house just to see what I could.

Guy had a great set-up. Double garage with all the right tools, presses, and gadgets + another separate garage with a surprise in it. He was working on a 63 whose rear end parts looked like the owner had literally run them ragged. Spindles shot, bearings definitely shot, and the connection on the half-shafts wallowed out so bad they were going to have to be replaced. I just pray mine doesn't need all that.

Reassured that the guy knew what he was doing, I asked what was under the mysterious tarp on the other side of the garage. He unveiled a red 74 that looked pretty nice. I didn't see it all but anything looked better than my paint job. He took me to the other garage and showed me the frame. It looked nice but what do I know. Talked a little about the motor ( 3 deuces ? ) but I was lost with the technical aspects. He finally got around to saying it was due to come out in the Auto Trader here in Memphis area and that he was asking $15K for it. Don't know if that is good or bad.

Anyway, if anyone might be interested, drop me an email and I will get the guy's name and number to you.

STW :seeya
Robert
76 Stinger

Quick Reply: 76 In For Work & Found 74 Frame Off For Sale