C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Doublepark List (DP-7) - Experience and Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:24 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone using Doublepark Lift (DP-7) - Experience and Pricing?

I'm thinking about getting the doublepark lift (Cytech) - http://www.doubtpark.net = for my garage. Actually two. We were discussing adding another garage but just to have storage for two more cars it would be a lot cheaper to install the lift. Rack'em and stack'em. This way if we sell the house can also take them with us.

Anyone have experience with these and know where to get the best price. I spoke with them today and got a pretty decent deal on a multiple purchase. But checking around. A friend is also purchasing one so we're shooting for a 3x discount.

Thanks

[Modified by 78Vette-SA, 10:26 PM 7/16/2003]
Old 07-18-2003, 02:42 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Anyone using Doublepark Lift (DP-7) - Experience and Pricing? (78Vette-SA)

I've seen those used for parking small airplanes....If those guys trust a couple hundred thousand dollar airplane on it. then I think your cars should be safe....

Disclaimer: I, Desertdawg in no way guarantee this product. :D
Old 07-18-2003, 02:45 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Anyone using Doublepark Lift (Desertdawg)

Old 07-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone using Doublepark Lift (DP-7) - Experience and Pricing? (78Vette-SA)

Only problem I see with that is what happens when you spring an oil leak? :eek: Do they make a catch pan for it?
Old 07-18-2003, 06:49 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anyone using Doublepark Lift (Fevre)

Only problem I see with that is what happens when you spring an oil leak? :eek: Do they make a catch pan for it?
Yes, they have drip pans that go between the rails to protect the car below. THey are plastic and can easily be removed to work on the car.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone using Doublepark Lift (78Vette-SA)

:thumbs: Figured as much. Would be great in a taller garage to park adn work on the car. Next house/garage. :yesnod:
Old 07-18-2003, 09:34 AM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

This lift is the same design as many others. Superior, PerfectPark, and Directlift all produce essentially the same exact lift as this one. I own a Superior and have been very pleased with it. As with any piece of heavy machinery, you should fully understand how it works, how the safety features work, and how to adjust and maintain it properly.

Note that this lift design is a similar one to the one that suffered the failure reported here on the forum. My own personal opinion is that it was a freak failure of the pulley shaft, followed by the user of the lift failing to stop the lift in place when the safety locks could have worked. This was partially due to the "enclosed" nature of the PerfectPark lift, where you cannot get a good visual check on the locks to see when they are properly engaged. Regular inspection of the lift is required to detect any areas that may become out of adjustment or work. I inspect the pulleys on my lift each time is raise and lower it, and once it's raise I do a visual check of each lock to make sure it's properly engaged. I personally would not purchase the PerfectPark design because it's too difficult to get a good visual on the locks during operation.

All that said, I think that Directlift has the best prices on these lifts. Any of the ones that are this design are essentially equivalent, so I would buy on price. http://www.directlift.com http://www.superlifts.com are the 2 websites to check.

Shannon

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone using Doublepark List (DP-7) - Experience and Pricing?

Quick Reply: Anyone using Doublepark List (DP-7) - Experience and Pricing?