C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic insurance ( delaware )

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 02:19 PM
emsrescu
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Classic insurance ( delaware )

Anyone know of a good dealer in or near delaware? my rates just went up another $8 a month. I now pay $480 a year for basic liability.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Rockin'M
Instructor

Default Re: Classic insurance (emsrescu)

Hagerty was recommended to me for Classic Car insurance. Go to their website for info: http://www.hagerty.com
They sure beat any deal I tried to get w/ Farmers.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:08 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Classic insurance (emsrescu)

I'm paying about 20 bucks a year under that with an agreed value of $16500 for full coverage with Farm Bureau here in Tennessee and I can drive it to work. The Classic car insurance companies seem to have restrictions that I don't care for, like not allowing such things as joy rides.

[Modified by 74 vert, 9:09 PM 7/15/2003]
Old 07-15-2003, 11:31 PM
pra4sun
Racer

Default Re: Classic insurance (Rockin'M)

Hagerty.
:iagree:
Old 07-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Classic insurance (74 vert)

I'm paying about 20 bucks a year under that with an agreed value of $16500 for full coverage with Farm Bureau here in Tennessee and I can drive it to work. The Classic car insurance companies seem to have restrictions that I don't care for, like not allowing such things as joy rides.
Just ran yours through the Hagerty on line quote and it came back $300 less than that. If you can live with the restrictions it is hard to beat. You cannot drive it to work but there is not a milage restriction and you can take it out for pleasure drives.

tom...
Old 07-17-2003, 09:19 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Classic insurance (Tom73)

Just ran yours through the Hagerty on line quote and it came back $300 less than that. If you can live with the restrictions it is hard to beat. You cannot drive it to work but there is not a milage restriction and you can take it out for pleasure drives.

tom...
I didn't try Hagerty, I guess I might contact them. I like the idea of being able to drive the Vette insured when I want to drive it anytime. The one thing I don't like about my Farm Bureau insurance is that they insist that my home owners with not cover the vette if the house burns down on it if the car does not have full coverage. :skep: I didn't really didn't intend to have full coverage on the vette in the winter while it's being parked in the garage for a few months. But then again the Tennessee winters are not all that bad here and I'll probably get a inkling to drive it then too every so often.

Perhaps I'll go with Hagerty insurance in the winter-spring and Farm Bureau in the summer-fall.

[Modified by 74 vert, 8:21 PM 7/17/2003]
Old 07-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Classic insurance (74 vert)

Perhaps I'll go with Hagerty insurance in the winter-spring and Farm Bureau in the summer-fall.
Won't work, Hagerty only does 12-month policies. Sounds as if you need to drop your liability during the winter and maintain comp coverage, then go back to full coverage during the driving season. That is what most northern owners do. With comp your car is covered under it own policy for fire or roof collapse or ???. Then you save the cost of liability during the winter.

tom...

[Modified by Tom73, 8:28 PM 7/17/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Classic insurance ( delaware )

Quick Reply: Classic insurance ( delaware )