C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missouri Car Registration Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 12:08 PM
pmazza
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Missouri Car Registration Question

I have just moved into the St Louis area and need a straight answer on what to do to register my 72 in Missouri.

I have it plated as historic in PA which bypasses all inspections, apparently there is something similar in MO, but I am being told that I need a safety inspection before they will issue a MO title or plate.

Is this true and if so can someone give a reference for a reputable shop in the St Louis area to do the inspection.

Thanks in advance.

Phil
Old 07-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Missouri Car Registration Question (pmazza)

Where exactly in the St. Louis are are you located?

Here is a link to some info on historic tags. My understanding is that the historic tags do not expire (unless it's a vanity tag). Annual inpections supposedly are not required (don't know about the initial safety inspection though).

I've taken my '79 to Sig's Automotive in O'Fallon. There's usually a handful of vettes there at any time. Sig has a '66 427 (fast) and a C3 daily driver.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:38 PM
pmazza
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Missouri Car Registration Question (Neo Fender)

I am in the Clarkson Valley area. Thanks for the info on Sigs, I will give them a call for the inspection.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:01 AM
GTENIT
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: Missouri Car Registration Question (pmazza)

WELCOME TO MISSOURI FOR HISTORIC PLATES ALL YOU NEED IS THE TITLE AND INSURANCE NO INSPECTION REQUIRED BUT IN ST LOUIS THEY HAVE AN EMMISSION TEST DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT, FOR JUST HISTORIC PLATES COST IS 25.00 ONE TIME FEE DO NOT HAVE TO RE REGESTER AS LONG AS YOU OWN THE CAR PERSONILIZED PLATES ARE 15.00 PER YEAR I THINK AND CAN RENEW FOR TWO YEARS AT A TIME BUT DO HAVE TO RENEW JUST THE PERSONILIS PART.

Get notified of new replies

To Missouri Car Registration Question

Quick Reply: Missouri Car Registration Question