C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump quit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:20 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Fuel pump quit.

I went for a drive this evening only to have to call for a tow home. The car had been giving symtoms of fuel problems lately and tonight it gave out. I was only a mile from home when it broke down completely. No gas to the carb. I towed it home and pulled the fuel pump off so I can put a new one on tomorrow. It was less than 2 years old. :mad At least I wasn't on a road trip :) . Thanks to a guy named Gill who stoped to see if I needed any help. He said he has a C-5 but he was driving his pickup at the time. :cool: Sholud be back on the road by noon. :steering:
Old 07-14-2003, 11:58 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel pump quit. (redwingvette)

I feel your pain......I'm on my 3rd one in 5 years. Must be we got some bad ones shipped here to Michigan, HUH? :confused:
Old 07-15-2003, 01:34 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: Fuel pump quit. (tnt76vette)

Well the new pump went on easy enough but the weather looks like rain. Guess I will go for a ride anyway. It has seen rain before and will again. :auto:
Old 07-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Fuel pump quit. (redwingvette)

Well the new pump went on easy enough but the weather looks like rain. Guess I will go for a ride anyway. It has seen rain before and will again. :auto:
You must be a magician, I replaced a few and it is no fun working that close the frame. Although I did not know the that there was that extra hole in the block to pin the rod up when working on it, makes things much easier not having to deal with that push rod. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel pump quit.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump quit.