C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'81 idle speed adj. after timing adv?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Master Ho
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '81 idle speed adj. after timing adv?

After perusing the archives for timing the '81, I noted the consensus was a static timing increase to 12BTDC. However, given that the engine idle also increases, how do I back it down to +/- 800rpm? I don't see an idle adjustment screw on the carb :confused:
Old 07-14-2003, 05:33 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: '81 idle speed adj. after timing adv? (Master Ho)

If you still have the E4ME then the idle screw should be located behind the bracket that the throttle cable clips to. It faces towards the front of the engine and the easiest what I have found to reach it is to take a long straight bladed screw driver and stick it through the alternator belt (engine not running of course :rolleyes: ) After you adjust it you should also check to make sure you idle air bleed, fast idle and AC/ solinoid are still set right. :cheers:
Old 07-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: '81 idle speed adj. after timing adv? (stickboy)

:iagree:
Old 07-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Master Ho
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '81 idle speed adj. after timing adv? (stickboy)

If you still have the E4ME then the idle screw should be located behind the bracket that the throttle cable clips to. It faces towards the front of the engine and the easiest what I have found to reach it is to take a long straight bladed screw driver and stick it through the alternator belt (engine not running of course :rolleyes: ) After you adjust it you should also check to make sure you idle air bleed, fast idle and AC/ solinoid are still set right. :cheers:
Thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To '81 idle speed adj. after timing adv?

Quick Reply: '81 idle speed adj. after timing adv?