C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help w/ A/C blower

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 10:14 AM
ykp53
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help w/ A/C blower

i made my spacer and intalled my new motor ( a new one for a 95 corvette) and i can not get it to work. my original moter had two connections one was a smaller black wire that connects to a tab via a screw on the outer edge of the old motor and a heavy purplish colored wire that went to a tab that was made on to the motor. the new motor has two tabs built in. what goes where? i thought i tried all possible connections but i cant get it to work. i still want to be able to use my high-low-off settings. is it possible that i got a bad motor? if so should the store be able to test it?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:03 PM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: need help w/ A/C blower (ykp53)

I can't help. Have you tried to do a search in the archives. Put "blower motor" and you will get a bunch of past threads. If one doesn't help, maybe you can e-mail one of the guys who knows the answer.

Hope it helps :seeya
Old 07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
phoenix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: need help w/ A/C blower (72GACRZR)

I Just IM'd you.

The two tabs are + and -. They are basically the same as the two tabs that you had on the original blower motor. You need to figure out which is pos and which is negative and then attach your original wiring exactly as they were but to the new terminals. Everything should work. If you put them backwards, the fan either will not work, or it may blow backwards.

If you have a battery charger, you can test the terminals and the motor on the bench and then label them. :)

Let me know how it goes. :)
Old 07-15-2003, 01:11 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: need help w/ A/C blower (phoenix)

ditto Phoenix

Get notified of new replies

To need help w/ A/C blower

Quick Reply: need help w/ A/C blower