C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summer mod manifesto! Comments/suggestions welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Summer mod manifesto! Comments/suggestions welcome.

Last summer I upgraded to dual exhaust, HP Plus brakes, and the Firehawk Indy500 tires. Earlier this year I upgraded my springs and shocks.

Now, I'm planning on doing trailing arms, new brake rotors and quieter pads.
Going to do the offset trailing arms to allocate for bigger rims in the future.

Second most definite is Hedman Elite hedders, #68301-6. I have been dying to get more power out of this damn engine for a long time, and I'm hoping this'll be the trick...

...but I'm also planning on a cam. Probably the XE256. I have been told not to do this, just wait for my "planned" engine, but I don't know when/if I'll have the funds to do it. So, I really want to get this cam (or a cam) to tide me over.

In addition to the headers, I'm thinking I'll do 2.5" exhaust and switch over to Ultra Flos. Also run a crossover(probably H). Anyone else here running ultraflos with a crossover? How is it cruising around? I love how Les's 69 wails like a banshee when he puts the pedal down, but is relatively meek(I emphasize relatively) off idle. Are they MUCH louder than the super turbos in this setup?

Other than that, probably a carb rebuild, get the ignition dialed in better, and so on...

Got a job interview tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

-Steve

Quick Reply: Summer mod manifesto! Comments/suggestions welcome.