C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Brakes

Is there any reason we cant use 1st generation camaro aftermarket brakes, I believe they all had 15 inch wheels and stuff. I wouldnt mind some wilwood or baer brakes
Old 07-13-2003, 10:35 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brakes (Guru_4_hire)

TTT
Old 07-14-2003, 02:02 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: Brakes (Guru_4_hire)

i wouldn't unless it is some kind of heavy duty package. of the 1st gen f-body brakes i've seen, they're significantly thinner than ours. about the same thickness as a c-4 rotor. if you tried to adapt the f-body calipers to the c-3 rotors, the pads would be too thick to reinstall over the rotor. if you put the entire brake package on the c-3, you would have significanly less mass to distribute and radiate the heat load from agressive driving.
you can get wilwood calipers like those sold in summit or jegs that will fit our 1.25" discs. e-mail or call wilwood and they can get you the correct part numbers to order then you can get them through summit or jegs. then all you have to do is fab the correct bracket.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Brakes (clutchdust)

Corvette brakes are very good. I would think if you put camaro calipers on you would be stepping down. Corvettes have one of the best braking systems. Word is Baers is going to come out w/a C-3 set up. If it's worth it to them i don't know.

Get notified of new replies

To Brakes

Quick Reply: Brakes