C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attn. Zwede

Old 07-13-2003, 12:55 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Attn. Zwede

You ran an engine combination very close to what I want to run. The combination that I want done for the following year is a 750 mechanical demon, torker2, Edelbrock performer RPM ovals (should get me about 9.1:1 compression), a mild cam (probably close to what you started off with), and stay with the rest of the current setup, 1 7/8 headers etc. I know you had a combination very close to this. How did you like it? how was the power band on it? I read through your dyno charts, but dynos are one thing how it drives is often another. Any info would be great.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 07-13-2003, 02:49 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Attn. Zwede (73 LS-4)

To be honest with you, I hated it. It never ran right. I had a really bad off-idle bog that I could not get rid off. When taking off from a light (normal take-off, not hot-rodding), the engine would stumble, almost stall then jerk forward. Also had all your typical carb blessings. Vapor lock, fuel percolation, etc. This was all fixed by going port injection. I think most of my problems were due to the Torker II.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:06 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Attn. Zwede (zwede)

Thanks Markus for the reply,

Unfortunately with the stock hood there isn't much choice except the torker2. I'd really like a weiand stealth but it won't clear. How was it on hard throttle applications?

Pat Kunz
Old 07-13-2003, 11:11 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Attn. Zwede (73 LS-4)

With the holley it was fine on hard throttle. Took it to a road course and it did great. Also fine at the dragstrip. The problem was during moderate take-off, during daily driving. The Holley crapped out on me (stripped fuel bowl threads) so I switched to an edelbrock carb. That one had less of a problem in traffic, but bogged BAD at the strip. Engine almost stalled when trying to launch.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:14 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Attn. Zwede (zwede)

Hopefully I'll be OK with a mechanical Demon on there, thanks for the input.

Pat Kunz

Get notified of new replies

To Attn. Zwede

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attn. Zwede