C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 10:48 PM
White 68
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes?

I have a chance to buy a pair and was interested to hear from any of you that have or have heard this insert in a set of hooker sidepipes I,m running a 454 big block with the hooker mufflers now ...And are the JCL baffles that much better? :steering: http://www.carchemistry.com/ccinserts.html

[Modified by White 68, 10:15 PM 7/12/2003]
Old 07-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes? (White 68)

TTT I want to know also, I've never heard of anyone using them and would like some feedback.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:18 PM
White 68
Drifting

Default Re: Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes? (White 68)

Anybody out there??? Heard or used these :D
Old 07-13-2003, 04:17 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking about using them too. Just the inserts and then straight sidepipes. One question for you White 68, are sidepipes legal in Texas? Thanks
Ryan
Old 07-13-2003, 05:23 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I had the three disc CC inserts in the collectors of my Hooker Sidepipe headers and they produced little or no sound reduction. I had several conversations with the owner of the company and he came to the conclusion that there is just not enough exhaust velocity with the large pipe to make them work as designed.
Save your money....

Mike :cheers:
Old 07-14-2003, 03:48 AM
White 68
Drifting

Default Re: Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes? (RCDriveryo)

Sidepipes are legal ....atleast for a car produced in 1968 ...No emmission standards .... :D
I was thinking about using them too. Just the inserts and then straight sidepipes. One question for you White 68, are sidepipes legal in Texas? Thanks
Ryan
Thanks Yellow 72 ....I may try the JCL insert people seem to give them good reviews....
Old 07-14-2003, 01:00 PM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Drop JCL a note - I'm sure he has some comparisons with these inserts. FWIW, I know that JCL has some dyno results in-hand that show his inserts actually giving 5 more horses than open side pipes on a modded big block car in CA. The same car also showed that the Hooker mufflers actually cost the owner more horsepower than you can believe. If I recall, the muffled dyno results showed under 300 RWHP, open pipes were 514, baffled pipes went to 519 RWHP. The baffles really work - the Hooker mufflers really don't!
Old 07-14-2003, 02:22 PM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes? (BSiegPaint)

I looked into and was real close to buying some 3 disk inserts. I think, in order to make them work, you need to buy some 2.5" or 3" inserts and install them in a straight pipe. Then fab it so it will slip in just like the original mufflers.

It sounds like Yellow72 (correct me if I'm wrong) used the 4" inserts which would be way too big according to their engine size vs HP charts.

I was turned off by them for 2 reasons:
1) they are expensive (compared to the 2.5" perf core glasspacks I'm running)
2) there was a Mustang article which said they don't quiet the exhaust much when the engine is cold.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:33 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes? (BeaterShark)

Your right Chris I just plopped the 4" jobs right into the collectors.
I think also you are correct about running them into a reduced diameter pipe to increase velocity...
Oh well," pays your money take your choice" :lol: The guy did offer to refund 1/2 the cost of the inserts....that's a better deal than I've gotten from other CEO's :rolleyes:

Mike :cheers:
Old 07-14-2003, 07:32 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sidepipes are legal ....atleast for a car produced in 1968 ...No emmission standards .... :D I was thinking about using them too. Just the inserts and then straight sidepipes. One question for you White 68, are sidepipes legal in Texas? Thanks
Ryan

Thanks Yellow 72 ....I may try the JCL insert people seem to give them good reviews....
So since I dont have to pass emissions then sidepipes are legal for me too?

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes?

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Car Chemistry 2 disk insert in their hooker sidepipes?