C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question adjusting secondaries?

Old 07-12-2003, 10:07 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default question adjusting secondaries?

I Want a Lighter Spring on my Vacuum Secondaries http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=601661

Ok, great information about secondary adjustment found from the above post. I adjusted my spring and my secondary flapper looks like it is on the verge of opening now when I rev it in the garage at about 3800 rpms. A couple of questions. Would I need to drive it under load to see if they open? I quess I'll have to drive it to create a bog too, right?

The roads are kind of wet outside now, so I guess I'll need to try driving it tomorrow. Anyway what about the questions above? :confused:
Old 07-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Doug Brandon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: question adjusting secondaries? (74 vert)

You will have to drive it to get your secondaries to open. Should not be able to by winging the throttle.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:14 AM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: question adjusting secondaries? (74 vert)

I've got mine set so they open just barely if you rev it in the drivway. You can definitely hear them open while I'm driving (after warmed up) with no bog!

Get notified of new replies

To question adjusting secondaries?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question adjusting secondaries?