C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had an attack of "while I'm at it"...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 12:56 AM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default had an attack of "while I'm at it"...

Sheesh, I'll think twice next time I think that. I have a tranny leak when powerbraking, not good for running at the track. There was fluid on the starter bolts, the passenger floor pan and the tranny pan. None up near the front seal or cooling lines. I'm hoping it was the pan gasket.
So I bought a filter and while I had the pan down, I figured I'd install a B&M shift kit. After laying under the car for many hours in the ATF rainforest, I'm finally done. I got it all back together, but it won't go in gear when I move the lever. Like a bonehead, I didn't buy enough ATF. I only had 4 QTs to put back in and it looks like about 6 or 7 came out. It's barely on the low end of the dipstick. We'll that will be tomorrow's job. :smash: Hope it's as simple as adding fluid.

[Modified by isosceles, 10:16 AM 7/12/2003]
Old 07-12-2003, 09:24 AM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: had an attack of "while I'm at it"... (isosceles)

Hope it's as simple as adding fluid
----------------

Yea we can only hope! Let us know!
:smash:
Old 07-12-2003, 10:15 AM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Default Re: had an attack of "while I'm at it"... (SanDiegoPaul)

Thanks Paul.

Success! It was still about 3 QTs low.

Now for the results:
If you're easing along, you feel no difference. Under medium acceleration; the 1-2 is a little firmer, 2-3, not much change. 3/4 - WOT; it seems to launch a little harder, and puts down some rubber on the 2-3 shift. I can powerbrake once again and light the tires up. I think this kit is going to cost me rubber :D I'll be curious to see if it helps ET's. :skep:
Old 07-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Hobbes Blk '80
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: had an attack of "while I'm at it"... (isosceles)

Go order a $59.95 G-Tech like the rest of us and you can test your 1/8th mile off the end of your driveway to the mailbox :cool: :reddevil

How did your vette used to act when you would apply the brake and then step on the gas? do you have a stall converter in there?
Old 07-12-2003, 05:52 PM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

Default Re: had an attack of "while I'm at it"... (Hobbes Blk '80)

Hobbes,
Yup. I already ordered the Gtech on Thursday, there were 837 left when I got done :jester .

When I first got my car, it would just squat and slide the front tires. The rears would break loose. Then I did some Q-jet tuning and I could light them up. After recurving the distributor AND rotating the tires before the next try, I had a hard time powerbraking, it was squatting and sliding the fronts again. I wonder if my trans was slipping to much?
I have a stock convertor.

Get notified of new replies

To had an attack of "while I'm at it"...

Quick Reply: had an attack of "while I'm at it"...